Monday, June 30, 2008
Pretty genius. I saw the whole concert and I must say I've never seen Jay put this much energy and even thought into a concert. He really didn't want to get boo'd that day. Good job.
Jay came out singing this song by the rock group Oasis because one of their band members Noel once said: "If it ain't broke don't fix it ... If you start to break it then people aren't going to go. I'm sorry, but Jay-Z? No chance ... Glastonbury has a tradition of guitar music and even when they throw the odd curve ball in on a Sunday night you go 'Kylie Minogue?' I don't know about it. But I'm not having hip-hop at Glastonbury. It's wrong."
"me give my heart to a woman..not for nuthin neva happen i be foreva mackin" as beyonce sings along. I love these 2. They are like no other.
Okay here's the whole d*mn performance
This is Ursh practicing for the BET awards performance. Apparently he landed on his azz during a flip and people weren't sure if it was planned. Lets just say he intended to land on his feet. He played it off very well....see the failed attemptHERE
Southern music sometimes is like a joke that you just have to be there to laugh. I'm down with Souljah Boy, he's funny. Sometimes we need artists to make big records to open up the door for artists who can make great records."
Hot 97 announced the cancellation of its long-running and often controversial show "Miss Jones in the Morning." As early as July 21st, the show's "AM Drive" time slot will now be split between two shows with a national following.
In a statement issued by the station's parent company Emmis Communications, listeners in the New York Tri-State area tuning in at 5am will catch Cipha Sounds and Rosenberg, which currently airs on Saturday and Sunday mornings. With co-host Peter Rosenberg having gained his popularity conducting interviews on YouTube, the show continues to enjoy a strong online presence. That popularity is boosted by Cipha Sounds' history in New York and status as an MTV personality.
At 7am, Rosenberg will sign off, leaving Cipha Sounds to pair up with the nationally syndicated "Big Boy's Neighborhood. The Los Angeles-based show, which once aired in New York on rival station Power 105.1 FM, signed a multi-year syndication deal with ABC Radio Networks.
"This provides a very special AM show with both local and national talent with less edge, a little more celebrity, and a whole lot of entertainment," the statement proclaims.
The move comes as Emmis prepares to test Aribtron's newest radio research: the Portable People Meter. The PPM system will track the listening behavior and history of each person studied by having each of them where a small device that will record the information. The data created is used as the currency stations use to buy and sell radio advertising.
Wendy Williams will approve of this act
Around 10:10pm on BBC 2 during the Glastonbury coverage last night, Amy Winehouse was doing her warming up for Jay-Z Pyramid Stage set and was singing "Some Unholy War". She sang a line,
[AMY'S RANT AT THE GLASTONBURY CONCERT IN THE UK WITH CONTROVERSIAL HEADLINER JAY Z]
Are there any black people in the crowd? ... Let's hear it for Jay-Z. The man has got bollocks to come here, and play the tunes you don't even know you remember.
At least I'm not opening for a c*** like Kanye"..
TRANSLATION: "Jay isn't popular but you know some of his songs. I'd rather him than Kanye West. Kanye is a c*nt."
Granted she was drunk or high. She also made headlines for punching someone in the back of her who pulled her hair. She is many things but everything she did and said was justified.....1)kanye is a c*nt and 2) that person had no business grabing her hair **UPDATE** the audience member felt on her boobs not her hair
KANYE'S RESPONSE ON HIS BLOG:
THIS JUST IN...AMY WINEHOUSE HATES ME!!! NOW I'VE REALLY MADE IT!!! LOL!!!!
Sunday, June 29, 2008
50 CENT: donated to the 500k to Bette Midler’s New York Restoration Project (a non-profit that gathers private funding to build and revamp public park spaces) specifically for the revamp of South Jamaica, Queens’ infamous Baisley Park, where he and others may have spent time hustling back in the day. As of September 2008, the park will be renamed to the Curtis Jackson Park.]
AMY WINEHOUSE: even though she has been diagnosed with emphysema and an irregular heartbeat...she is determined to play at the Nelson Mandela concert later this year.
50CENT: admits he has nothing betta to do than start drama. he says "i'm a junkie for the drama."
MADONNA: mother in law says her son and madonna are not getting divorced.
RIHANNA: there was a time when atl's finest ms rose would joke about rihanna and her uhm fondness of ciara and i paid no mind. now i have reason to believe rihanna is a lesbo.
ED MCMAN: is begging johnny carson's widow for 650k. she wwas left 200million 3 years ago when her hubby died. she is not returning his calls. i don't blame the woman. she's not working and she has the rest of her life to eat off that money...it's not the time to be loaning money with nothing else coming in. he's a grown azz man, get a job.
ENGAGED: Jill Scott to her drummer and Ruben Studdard to a RF (regular female)
JACOB THE JEWLER: sentenced Tuesday morning in Detroit federal court after pleading guilty in October to falsifying records and giving false statements. to serve up to 46 months and pay a $2 million penalty
JAY Z: apparently along with puffy, wax their private areas. why would I want to know and why am I not surprised
The black angelina jolie...it's Cici
Nells and Shanti at a pre BET Award party. Get it Shani...
Solo and Bey and Solo's bday gathering in LA. The pose is straight fiyah.
I hate that I love em so...
Sharon Stone for Damiani...Pisces Rule!!!
Jlo and baby Emma boarding her private plane
Courtney Love in Malibu
Between this dude doing a cocaincity dvd and posting on his website, to puffy vlogging to jay z holding chat sessions online...you would think these dudes aren't responsible for their millions.
WTF is 50 talking about here? Okay I think I get it but it's clear to me that he has a few screws lose. Just like me, lol.
Saturday, June 28, 2008
One Republic performs in Spain..I love this song soooo much. Notice how similar the instrumental is to Usher's "Here I Stand"
Ri on the View performing "Take A Bow." I enjoyed the vocals however billy goat sounding it was, lol. It'll be interesting to see how this reloaded album does considering this has been promotion overload.
The video's a little off, she's definitaly not lip singing. Estelle and Kanye at a festival in France. Why is she rapping Kanye's part? Other than that I liked the energy.
Danity Kane perform on Nashville Star. Not the best performance of this song. Their vocals are a hot mess. Shannon wants to be a country artist so she must have been happy. These girls are putting in work.
Friday, June 27, 2008
First off this song sucks. What a poor choice in singles.
He looks sober. Maybe he's just a random person. I can certainly identify with that.
The funniest thing I've read is when he got the recording of Jay's verse on Mr. Carter where he says 'my heir' he didn't know what it meant and was like 'why is he saying air?' I was on the floor with that one.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
In the segment on the Today show about the hype that is Barack Obama comes them referencing Jay Z as one of the people Obama claims to listen to (you know to get in real good with the negroes who worships him too). The show showed a picture of Joe Budden instead of Jay @ the 1:22 mark. This is the funniest ish ever. You marry the most overrated star in black music yet they confuse you with an even more local act.
Highlights on this week's Billboard album chart ...
Coldplay tops the charts with about 729k albums sold. I happen to think they killed rock music but I guess they do it for some folk. Lil wayne droped by 71% landing at #2 from 1 milli to 285k sold. Rihanna's promo fest landed her at # 6 selling 63k copies. I must say from leno to the view to the morning show to good morning america to a showmance with teeth brown and you can barely bring in 65k RiRi? I guess that means getting you pictures taken at all the needed places doesn't translate to record sales. So much for being the next Britney Spears.
Here is the list of top 10 selling albums:
- COLDPLAY CAPITOL 729,255 --
VIVA LA VIDA
- LIL WAYNE UNIVERSAL MOTOWN 285,344 -71%
THA CARTER III
- CAMP ROCK WALT DISNEY RECORDS 193,130 --
- NOW 28 CAPITOL 78,508 -40%
- USHER LAFACE/ZLG 63,949 -38%
HERE I STAND
- RIHANNA DEF JAM/IDJMG 63,315 --
GOOD GIRL GONE BAD
- DISTURBED REPRISE 60,278 -40%
- PLIES SLIP-N-SLIDE 54,605 -74%
DEFINITION OF REAL
- KATY PERRY CAPITOL 48,011 --
ONE OF THE BOYS
- OFFSPRING COLUMBIA 46,232 --
RISE & FALL, RAGE & GRACE
Ciara recently signed a deal with the modeling agency Wilhelmina. The deal will let Wilhelmina focus on casting Ciara, who is currently ending her modeling run for Jay-Z's Rocawear clothing line, in the clothing and fragrance businesses. "Modeling has always been one of my aspirations," says Ciara. "But I was insecure about my height. I thought I was 5'7" but I just found out that I'm 5'8" so I'm really excited about that."
Ciara isn't stopping with a new modeling deal, she also has her eyes on starting a new clothing line. The R&B singer is currently talking to the department store Steve & Barry's, to create a reasonably priced clothing line that would combine her style with affordable prices. The department store is already home to a clothing line for Sarah Jessica Parker's "Bitten" line plus New York Knicks' star Stephon Marbury's "Starbury" collection. "I have a couple of cool things that I'm working on," says Ciara. "The coolest thing about Steve & Barry's is they cater to everyday people. I won't say that my line will be like theirs, I want to stay true to who I am, but most importantly it has to be affordable."
Ciara is currently preparing her third album called "Fantasy Ride," which should hit stores sometime in September on Jive Records. Her last album, 2006's "Evolution," has already sold 1.5 million copies in the US to-date, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
[50 SPEAKS TO ALLHIPHOP ON TACO BELL'S LATEST ATTEMPT TO USE HIM FOR PUBLICITY]
"When my legal team is finished with them, Taco Bell is going to have a new corporate slogan: 'We messed with the bull and got the horns,'" 50 Cent told AllHipHop.com in a statement.
This is a sleazy and ill-conceived publicity stunt by Taco Bell's president, Greg Creed, whose disingenuous offer was leaked to the press before it was even presented to 50 Cent's agent yesterday.
- One of the best BET awards to date
- Envogue, SWV, T/C....nuff said
- Dream wins best new artist...he is
- Neyo w/ the Jabbawockeez
- Alicia bringing out SWV, En Vogue and T/C
- Al Green Tribute
- Chris Brown and Ciara breakdown (the future of rnb)
- Chris Brown lipping Rihanna's performance
- Alica rocking the spanx
- DL referencing young buck crying
- Anthony Hamilton tribute to Al Green...on point
- Maxwell's tribute to Al Green...on point
- quote - 'when it rains, get wet'...was that quincy?
PERFORMANCE FROM GREAT TO GOOD
1. AL GREEN: showed those youngins how it's done.
2. Akeys gets the crown for the throwback moment of the night. My top 3 fav groups of all time with En Vogue being #1. And Dawn was there...yeah. Akeys always pays back. I love that about her. But Imma need her to stay away from the fried chicken for a month.
3. Chris Brown decided he would leave most of the dancing to usher and neyo. His performance was saved when Ciara (aka the black angelina jolie aka the princess) came out and shut that sh*t down. Now that's dancing in heels. That's a bad b*tch, sans noone. She cannot be efed with, sorry Jan. This ish was soooooo sexy smooth and technical. Chris could have done this whole song and left out the first song. And why did they cut to Ri? Ri is probably more interested in Ciara than she is Chris. But I'm sure the blogs will make something out of nothing.
4. Wayne was definitely the crowd pleaser. He's the one the negroes are in love with for the moment. All hate aside he shut it down. His energy is incredible. And when my song 'a millie' came on, call me beyonce cause i was on the floor having seizures.
5. Neyo totally surprised me. I was entertained, he sang live and and his dancing was descent. But the real highlight was when the jabawakeez (sp) came out in the end. That was fiyah.
6. As for Usher, I enjoyed the choreography. However, he lipsang and where was Beyonce? I was expecting from he and Bey what CB and Ci gave us...oh well i guess bey opted to go to popeyes instead, lol. As a result it was a bit of a dissapointment but still very sexy and entertaining.
7. TPain circus act. It was entertaining for what it was.
8. Jeezy was bombing until Kanye revived him. Kanye brought the passion needed for that song. Considering the dull audience.
9. Rihanna I love you but this ain't the mtv awards...You got to bring it. You should have done 'don't stop the music.' Step your stage presence up ma. People were on the phone while you were performing. Outfit was hot as would be expected though. And she looks like Prince..or Jaimie Lee Curtis
10. Keisha you got to step yo game up. This is not the apollo. WTF was that? I see you're trying o move more but somethings are better left to professionals. I was not amused by the first of second performance and the dancing was not in sync as you kept looking behind you to see where the dancers were in their movement. And don't get me started on Kim. Total disaster.
11.Nelly relied on Ci and Ferg for most of his performance. And what was Ashanti doing in the introduction? Kind of a desperate moment. At the end of the day his set was too over the top and didn't give enough time to the girls to save it. Plus the songs were not that popular. My girl Ci did her thang though. So did Ferg... nelly w/o his shirt was a pleasure though
CLICK HERE TO WATCH ALL PERFORMANCES