Wednesday, March 19, 2008

NOTABLE AND QUOTABLE: Madonna



[SPEECH AFTER RECEIVING HER ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME INDUCTION]

"Thirty-five years later, people are still encouraging me to believe in my dreams...What more could I ask for? Even the people who "said I was talentless, that I was chubby, that I couldn't sing, that I was a one-hit wonder, they helped me, too,....They inspired me because they made me question myself repeatedly and pushed me to be better."



We love Madonna because she knows who and what she is and represents in the industry. She knows her limitations and embraces her strengths. She also embraces the new/future and doesn't compete with it but incorporates it into who she is today. This is why she can remain relevant and coexist when whoever is/was hot and still have a lane to maintain her respect. Long live the Queen of Pop.

No comments: