Thursday, June 26, 2008

CIARA ENDS ROCAWEAR CONTRACT.... SIGNS MODELING GIG WITH WILHELMINA


Ciara recently signed a deal with the modeling agency Wilhelmina. The deal will let Wilhelmina focus on casting Ciara, who is currently ending her modeling run for Jay-Z's Rocawear clothing line, in the clothing and fragrance businesses. "Modeling has always been one of my aspirations," says Ciara. "But I was insecure about my height. I thought I was 5'7" but I just found out that I'm 5'8" so I'm really excited about that."

Ciara isn't stopping with a new modeling deal, she also has her eyes on starting a new clothing line. The R&B singer is currently talking to the department store Steve & Barry's, to create a reasonably priced clothing line that would combine her style with affordable prices. The department store is already home to a clothing line for Sarah Jessica Parker's "Bitten" line plus New York Knicks' star Stephon Marbury's "Starbury" collection. "I have a couple of cool things that I'm working on," says Ciara. "The coolest thing about Steve & Barry's is they cater to everyday people. I won't say that my line will be like theirs, I want to stay true to who I am, but most importantly it has to be affordable."

Ciara is currently preparing her third album called "Fantasy Ride," which should hit stores sometime in September on Jive Records. Her last album, 2006's "Evolution," has already sold 1.5 million copies in the US to-date, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
source

No comments: