Friday, June 6, 2008

NOTABLE AND QUOTABLE: Janet Jackson


[ON WHETHER THERE WILL BE ANOTHER SINGLE FROM THE ALBUM]
"That’s pretty difficult to say, only because of the record label at this point. We started off with “Feedback” and the label and myself haven’t quite seen eye to eye since the "Feedback" single so they’ve kind of basically stopped all promotion. I’m trying to figure out a way to say this, but just to say it and to be quite honest, they just stopped all promotion whatsoever on the album so I don’t think you’re going to hear another single off this album."

[ON THE PROMOTION OF THE ALBUM]
"I just want to let the fans know because I’ve been reading a lot what the bloggers have been saying about the record and not hearing it on the radio and stuff like that, so I just wanted to let them know where things were as well and where it was all coming from. I’ve heard people talking about me not coming to Europe in support of the record just to let them know that it was definitely in my heart to go to Europe and to support this album but it’s about teamwork, it’s not something I can totally do on my own. Unfortunately things have turned out the way that they have with the differences between the label and myself, which we have been having for the most part from the beginning. So I just want to tell them again thank you very much for all the love and all the support and I they understand the entire situation and I’m really excited to see everybody on tour. I’m really looking forward to that it’s going to be a lot of fun."

I know I give the old broad a hard time but this is truly sad. I thought def jam would have come through for her. I hold LA Reid in such high regard. That's about 3 labels now that can't get her a comeback. I say this with all sincererly and not in jest or hate that maybe it's truly time to hang it up janet. Maybe just tour every other year or something.
source

No comments: