Monday, June 9, 2008

QUOTABLE: The King of R&B


"I've always considered myself 'The King of Stage.' To this very day, I still don't think anyone can get with me on the stage. I own the stage," Bobby Brown confidently proclaims in his new autobiography......

"I watched one of Usher's shows and he basically did my whole show. It was as if it was me on stage. The thing about it is, I love seeing that. It's a compliment to me as a performer.".......

"I think you take parts of whoever is the hottest act of that era and you incorporate that into your own style," Brown explained. "It's just like taking buttermilk, eggs and corn meal, you whip it up bake it and you have cornbread.".....

"When I walked into the party I ran into Usher and we immediately gave each other a hug," he explained. "While he was holding me, he turned to the side and kinda put my neck in a playful choke hold and started squeezing me. I tried to tell him that I couldn't breathe but he couldn't hear me because the music was loud. It didn't help that he was drunk. I was yelling, 'yo, yo, yo let me go! I can't breathe!' He was excited to see me and he was just expressing himself with this gesture. He was so drunk he didn't realize what he was doing.".....

"I picked him up and held him over the DJ booth which had a nice little drop down below. When I did this, I guess his body guards felt like I was threatening his life so they came to his rescue. They came and pulled us apart which looked like a scuffle to the people around looking on.".....

Although the situation got a bit out of hand, Brown confirmed it was nothing more than the media blowing everything out of proportion.

"The industry is filled with a bunch of fakeness that I can live without," he said. "I'm going to let them do what they do and I'm going to keep on being Bobby!"


TRANSLATION: I'm jeolous.

No comments: