Wednesday, September 10, 2008

FASHION ROCKS RECAP

Okay so I tivo'd the show and it was okay. The break-down


BEST DRESSED







WORST DRESSED






THE PERFORMANCES (click on names to see performances)
JT, BEY, KID ROCK & MARY made the night. Timberfake's falsetto is sumin else...although I like Aaliyah's rendition of the first song betta. And is it me or is Kid Rock really doing it good these days....And Mary brought it, can't copy that swag....JT an Bey seemed to be having fun. And they're right, ain't nuthin like the real thing so they should have all been replaced with the original singers. Or even the guy in the band at the end...It was the best of the night...collectively.

FERGIE did it and did it well. I think she would have kilt the "Vogue" rendition as well a little better... the original singer's tone was much better for this song. Ferg has okay vocals but great energy on stage...this was good.

SOLANGE is a complete Amy Winehouse knockoff...I like the original better. But I must say this was good. Look at Beyonce, Matthew, supporting ....Bey is such a wonderful sister. This was good.

BEYONCE did her rendition of 'At Last.' This song I plan to play at my wedding as the fist song me and my hubby dance to. Beyonce did try and she even added that extra rrrrrrr when she hit some notes to pretend to have soul. I liked it mainly because I like the song. We all know the original can be touched closest by Christina Aguilera. Beyonce did okay the soul is just not felt. And no extra rrrrr behind the notes can give you that feel. However, if not comparing, it was a solid effort.

CHRIS BROWN doing Sam Cooke? Well he tried anyway. No doubt the boy is talented but it was a good thing that he focused on his own song. And lipsinging was also a good decision, his handlers are making good decisions for him. If there was ever a flipping contest, I'd pick him first. It was entertaining and a solid effort.

TIMBO, ONE REPUBLIC, PCD, CHRIS CORNELL did a lil sumin. I'm ova Timbo at this point, but that One Republic song still knocks.

MARIAH CAREY opted to just do her own song since she is a living legend. My people on the ground said indeed she was lipsinging but she's done her share of live singing and we know her vocals are the truth when it's on. So she's forgiven. I like the song. It was semi entertaining, She did okay.

RIHANNA showed why she should always lipsing. She stuck to standing still and moving her arms, simple sexy zig zag walking, lots of dancers running around and all the drapes to entertained. The girl lacks something they call performance soul. It's just empty. It's amazing what a haircut can do with Zero charisma, zero dance ability, zero presence, and an awful live voice. This was okay.

No comments: