Tuesday, December 2, 2008

50 TALKS MONEY


[ON LENDING HIS NAME TO TOO MANY PRODUCTS]
Ten years ago that was actually taboo, for you to be associated with a major company or corporation - from a hip-hop perspective, you was a sell out.

But those artists from that time period are (television) specials, they're completely broke right now.

There's no such thing as oversaturating the brand. I'm happy with the deals especially the one that resulted in getting G-Unit Records.

Even if I'm not as relevant as I was when I dropped (major label debut) 'Get Rich or Die Tryin,' five years from now I'll still be creating a platform for new artists to come through.

I'm like the fire hydrant. I'll be right beside the street regardless of how they feel about it.


[ON WHY HE'S SELLING HIS HOUSE FORMERLY OWNED BY MIKE TYSON]
"I'm waking up in a room that was previously Mike Tyson's bedroom, a fighter who earned over US$500 million in his actual career, and when I purchased his house from him he was in bankruptcy.

If that's not a strong enough reminder for you, I don't know what's going to remind you to be aware of where you are financially and make conscious decisions.


[ON HOW THE MARKET HAS AFFECTED HIM PERSONALLY]
Well yeah, I lost a couple million dollars already, you see what I'm saying? I sit with my investors and business managers and accountants looking at the numbers and I'm like, 'Yo, the values of stocks in different areas that I invested in are decreasing!' So I take the loss like everybody else.

No comments: