Friday, January 23, 2009

DIDDY THE DEVIL


Former Bad Boy rapper Mark Curry writes "Dancing With The Devil" to be release in February. Curry claims that Diddy likes to steal his artists shine and overcharge his artists.

"Puff has an annoying habit of inserting himself into the songs and videos of all the artists on his label and its common knowledge that many Bad Boy acts resented him for this," Curry writes. "Asked about his practice in the July 1995 issue of a magazine aimed at black teenagers, Puff said: 'I like performing with my artists. I like talking on the records and I like being in the videos. It protects my interests in terms of what I’m going to do in the future. Say if a company tries to remove me. It's going to be hard to remove me and still have my acts and [have] the same level of intensity and the same flavour and feeling'."

"Puff charged the artists for his appearance on their records and videos, usually without [them] realizing it until they receive their royalty statements," Curry writes. "That’s when they discovered that their large sums of money had gone to fees which were doubled, tripled and even quadrupled because of Puff's 'special appearances". He charged artists, for example, for having his Bentley in his videos-which he insisted upon- then took tax credit for business use of a car."

No comments: