Monday, January 5, 2009

NEW JOINT: Ciara f/ Jeezy "Never Ever"


Cici promised us her official first single for the new album Fantasy Ride and here it is.... "Never Ever" f/ Jeezy. I've come to expect the unexpected from Cici. Just when we all thought she would go straight pop on us she does this. After getting over my initial madness that it was an uptempo joint, I bumped this joint atleast 150 times. It's officially my song of the month. If this ain't the catchiest (/corniest)ish I've ever heard. Can't get out out of my head.

Her vocals are addictive, the beat reminds me of what he [Polow] did for Usher's "Love in this Club" and Jeezy actually stuck to the subject in his verse...The lyrics are very relatable. What grown woman doesn't know about getting caught up with some knucklehead when she was young, and basically wasted her time? Hopefully it didn't take most of us too much time to get rid of the dead weight. The song samples ‘If You Don’t Know Me By Now’ by Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes.

No comments: