Thursday, February 5, 2009

FEMALE ENTERTAINERS 50ing EACH OTHER


First up Etta James vs. Beyonce.
A while back Etta commented on Beyonce portraying her in a movie. I detected the subliminal hate but my observations were dismissed by some. Etta played the role, attended the premiere of the movie and smiled for the cameras with Beyonce. Beyonce went on to sing "the" song all over including at the inaugural ball as it was the official song of the night. Fast forward some months after Etta's FIRST SUBLIMINAL QUOTE to this week's tongue assassination layed on the Queen Bey:

You guys know your president, right? You know the one with the big ears? Wait a minute, he ain't my president, he might be yours, he ain't my president. You know that woman he had singing for him, singing my song — she's going to get her ass whipped. The Great Beyonce. I can't stand Beyonce. She has no business up there, singing up there on a big ol' president day, singing my song that I've been singing forever."


Again, I called this from it's inception. Granted it is a bit ridiculous that the Chicago native didn't sing her own song and was trumped by a chick who doesn't have a song credible enough to be sung at the inauguration, but was this necessary? I knew instantly this woman was faking it in the beginning. I wouldn't want Gweneth Paltrow or Maniston to play me in a movie so I guess I see her frustration. However, I just have something against these old broads going at our young stars. Take a note from Patti, I've seen her support all from giving a tribute to Jill Scott to attending the Ciara scream concert in Philly. You old broads take a note from Patti and stop hating.


Next is Faye Dunaway v. Hillary Duff
Apparently Faye is not happy with Hillary being cast to play the character she played in "Bonnie & Clyde. Faye reportedly said:

“Couldn't they at least cast a real actress?”


Not missing a step Hillary responded saying:
“I think that my fans that are going to go see the movie don’t even know who she is, so you know…. I think it was a little unnecessary but I might be mad if I looked like that now too.”


DDDDDAAAAMMMNNN. Who knew Hillary was so gangsta. I have a whole new level of respect for Ms. Hill. She did not let that old bish slide. Way to stand up for yourself hommie.

No comments: