Monday, February 16, 2009

OTHERS REACT TO CHRIANNA DISTURBIA


Everyone has reported Chris's apology. Jay and Rihanna's father also released statements. Here are others you may not have heard...

Oprah's a**kisser/"girlfriend Gayle King
“I can’t think of anything that makes me support anything that Chris Brown is saying at this time,” King tells Extra. “And my heart just aches for Rihanna.”


Former assault and rap victim turned out of work actress Gabby Union
I know them both. Unfortunately, no one knows all the facts yet. what I think is great about this unfortunate situation is it can get us talking about violence… violence is never the answer. It's good to get that dialogue started. I wish this wasn't the catalyst for that… it's never good to use violence as a means to an end."


The always bipolar Kanye West first supported Rihanna but recently did a freestyle on a special he did for VH1:
Kanye also freestyled about Chris Brown’s recent troubles, saying people should give him a break.


Ashanti asked if she were in Rihanna's situation, would she call the cops. To that she says:
“I dunno”


Rihanna's cousin Yvonne Fenty
Rihanna is holding up well. Everyone is looking after her--she is just trying to catch herself and get her life back on track. None of this is as bad as everyone makes it sound. Her injuries weren't near as bad as people make them sound."

Chris's brother
"He's (Chris) reflecting on this situation. He's very remorseful. He's very concerned about the situation and he wants to make sure that [Rihanna's] okay. This is unfortunate, this stumble, this situation. Hopefully, he will get past it. We all have our shortcomings. We all trip."


Rihanna's father
"“The relationship is over and I am pleased. She doesn’t want to speak to Chris. She is being very brave about things and said that she will be back on stage performing soon. There is some bruising. She will be alright. I think so. At some point, she will speak out. I hope she will stand up for women all over the world.”


John Legend has to give his 2 cents
“I know both of them. I was surprised when I heard because it doesn’t strike me as something Chris would do. You never know what’s inside people or what can trigger that.

It’s an awful story. I feel terrible for both of them but if Chris did what they said he did, that’s unacceptable. He has to accept the consequences of it.”


An NBA official tells E! News of Brown’s pulling out:
“He’s not exactly missed. He does not currently represent the image we are trying to project.”


Akon words for Riri
Keep doing what you’re doing baby. Keep things positive! She’s a strong woman. I think she’ll get through it


Film director Melving James for upcoming movie Caramel starring C Brown and Lauren London
"Chris' current situation hasn't had any effect on things in terms of the film. We're still planning on working with him …. We’re looking to shoot around September. We got pushed back a little because of other projects."


Mental Illness Poster Child Rosanne Barr...
“Chris brown’s lies and excuses make me want to beat the crap out of him…he uses the language of the perpetrator just like every sleazy bastard who ever smacked his wife, kid, mother or girlfriend around uses. you dirty bastard, I hope you go to prison for ten years.

“IT’S YOUR FAULT, A$$HOLE! as for all the mealy mouthed hollywood and music scene chicks that can’t bring themselves to condemn a misogynistic bully, let me say this: your time as whores for propaganda is ending, bitches.”


American Idol winner Carrie Underwood
"I don't think anybody actually knows what happened. I have no advice because, thank goodness, I've never been in any kind of abusive situation. You hear a new one every five minutes, and some of them are getting kind of ridiculous. I really hope everyone will lay off and just let everybody who's involved figure out everything first."


American Idol Reject Kelly Pickler
"I think the world would be a better place if people worried more about what they needed to do to be better people, than ... judging others on what kind of people they are. I don't know what really went on with Rihanna and Chris, and I dont think anyone else does, either. The only people who really, truly know are only the two of them, so I am not going to assume or comment. I'm going to mind my own business."


Rehab frequenter Lindsay Lohan
"I have no comment on that. That's not my relationship. I have no reason to speak about it. I think they're both great people."


Bootleg Model Molly Simms
"It's so sad. I don't think anybody knows the whole truth, but I guess the truth really doesn't matter when [abuse] is the result. That should never happen, no matter what. And I love his music. That being said, I think [about] Rihanna : No girl, no woman, no mother, no sister, no friend, no one deserves that. Absolutely."


Out of Work Actress Nia Long
"I know both of them well. They're young, and all we can do is pray for them at this point."


American Idol Winner Gone Broke Ruben Studdard
"I'm still praying for him. Everybody always has something negative to say about everything, and I always try to be positive. They've both made wonderful careers for themselves, and I think they will continue to do so for the rest of their lives."


The Almighty Queen of HipHop/R&B
"They're both young and beautiful people, and that's it."


Project Runway Winner and Skitzo Christian Sirianno
OMG they're crazy. They have too much money, they're bored....they had to do something....You know what, I've met Rihanna, she's kind of a diva....Nobody deserves that but...I feel bad for them. But there has to be something that she did to provoke it....I don't know. I feel bad for him but he needs to get in trouble...it's time for him to get in trouble, he can't be a teeny bopper forever.


Jessica "Don't Call Me Latina" Alba
They were guests at the V-Day luncheon in Los Angeles on Friday, which aims to stop violence against women.


Kerry "Always the wife, never the lead in a movie" Washington
“(Violence against women) is a social illness that does not discriminate. This is a problem that spreads from the Congo to Hollywood. When it happens to someone famous, it’s a tragedy that it happened, but what I hope is that people become less and less afraid to talk about how truly devastating this social illness is.”

No comments: