Thursday, May 14, 2009

TYRA FIRES YET ANOTHER JUDGE


First Janice, then Twiggy, now paulina

Paulina Porizkova has apparently been fired from her America's Next Top Model judging role after three seasons with the popular The CW reality series.

"Listen, do you know why I am in Los Angeles -- because I am looking for a job," Porizkova told The Late Late Show host Craig Ferguson during a Tuesday night appearance on the CBS talk show, according to advance interview excerpts released by the network.

"Because I was fired by America's Next Top Model on my birthday," Porizkova added.

Porizkova turned 44 years old on April 9, which would mean she was informed she wouldn't be returning for Top Model's currently-casting Fall 2009 edition over a month ago.

According to Porizkova, she was fired over the phone.

"The reason I was told I was fired was because, it seemed that America's Next Top Model has gotten too fat and they needed to cut some fat and the fat was me," Porizkova told Ferguson.

"So I figured it was either that or my gigantic huge ego. Which I wasn't aware of until I was told by the producers that I have an ego problem."

Porizkova had been a member of Top Model's judging panel beginning with the show's Spring 2008 tenth edition, replacing former supermodel Twiggy.

Twiggy had been part of the show's judging panel since she had replaced original Top Model judge Janice Dickinson beginning with the show's Fall 2005 fifth season

America's Next Top Model's twelfth-season finale will air Wednesday, May 13 at 8PM ET/PT on The CW.

No comments: