MARIAH CAREY - THAT CHICK
Yes, the b*tch is calling her album "That Chick," and I beg to differ. From the hot mess of a cover alone I can tell her now that you may be "THAT VOICE" but you are miles away from being "THAT CHICK." As she continues to ride the 'im a negro now' wave Mariah set an April 1 release date for the follow-up "The Emancipation of Mimi." It features production from Jermaine Dupri, will.i.am and Rodney Jerkins, plus collaborations with the likes of T-Pain and Damian Marley. You can expect a resemblence of the greatest voice of our generation through breezy pop tunes like "Lovin' You Long Time" and the title track, ballads like "Love Story" and urban club bangers like the standout "Migrate."
JANET - DISCIPLINE
Another 40 year old dares to reclaim her youth with her next effort Discipline set for a February 26th. From the looks of this cover I must say Janet looks fierce and it is the biz, I gotta give it to the old lady. Lets hope the rest of the music can live up to the cover. Confirmed producers and writers are of course, Rodney Jerkins, Stargate, Tricky Steward & the Dream and Ne-Yo, as well as credits from Jermaine Durpi and Johnta Austin. Janet trades in the ballads from the club joints, which is always a plus. First single "Feedback" was produced by Rodney Jerkins and although not making the impact wanted on Billboard it's steadily rising.
1 comment:
I agree with you re Mariah!!! That chick is not accurate!
Post a Comment