Thursday, July 24, 2008

NOTABLE AND QUOTABLE: Amy Winehouse

[ON HER GODDAUGHTER...THE BLACK GIRL SHE'S ALWAYS WITH...AND HER ADVICE TO HER]
Dionne is definitely the nuts. She’s better than I was at that age. The way she plays guitar and accompanies herself is something else. When I was that age, I didn’t want to do it for a profession but it was something I knew I had and I could always rely on. It’s all very well being good at music but you need to have a trade. Dionne said to me before she just wants to get a degree and then she’ll think about music, which is the loveliest thing I could ever hear.

In all seriousness, what do I know? I’ve said to her: “When you feel so strongly about something, write it down.”

[ON HOW SHE CAN TRUST PEOPLE]
I’m a good judge of character. Me and Dionne, I’m like: ‘Do we like that person?’ and she’s like: ‘No way!’. [Smiles] She’s good, she’s good.

[ON THOUGHTS OF COMPARISONS TO BRITNEY]
I think she’s been tormented. [I'm not] I’m in love with my husband.

[ON HER HUBBY]
When me and Blake met we were best friends. And I knew he had a girlfriend. And he tried to hide it from me but I don’t think he realized that I wasn’t bothered actually. To be in love with someone is to be able to let them go and do what they want pray they’ll come back to you. I didn’t know that we were in love. Everybody else knew, apart from us. I didn’t know we were destined to be together but I thought I’d die without him. I thought I’d never see him again. But everybody else around us knew we’d be together

[ON RUMORS OF HER CHEATING ON HUBBY]
[Sighs] I dunno, theres loads of bollocks printed. Me and my husband are so close that I think it doesn’t really matter. But maybe it does? But I swear it don’t. It doesn’t mean bollocks.

[ON HER HEALTH]
I’m eating loads of healthy food, sleeping loads, playing on my guitar, making music. And writing letters to my husband every day.

[WHERE SHE SEES HERSELF IN A YEAR]
I’ll have dusted off my third album. I’ll be pregnant, hopefully…

No comments: